Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 36: Getting Closer!

We were back at the Drs this morning for another ultrasound and blood draw. My right vein is getting some serious action these past few days and no matter how many times I get pricked, it is still so odd to see blood flowing out of my veins into vials. Estrodiol level is now up to 1528 and I currently have about 16 "big" follicles measuring 14 - 17 mm in size and then 8-10 smaller ones. They want to give the follicles one more day so I'll go back in tomorrow for another check. The nurse said she is 90% positive they'll 'trigger' me tomorrow, which will mean the egg retrieval surgery will most likely be scheduled for sometime on Saturday. Just a few more days, I can't believe it.

I got the sweetest care package today from my older sister. She also struggled with infertility, but was successful in a gonadotropins cycle last year and has a baby due in just 4 weeks. My care package contained magazines to keep me entertained during my recovery and lots of healthy snacks. But the most special gift was a little stuffed sperm. It was a good luck sperm one of her friends gave her during her cycles and she wanted to pass the luck along to me. The good luck charm worked for her, I can only hope it works for me as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment