Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 44: Relax

With the transfer behind us, we can finally take a deep breath and try to relax. Today was the first day in quite some time that my skin had not been penetrated by a needle. All total, I calculate 40 shots over the past 17 days. I have the bruising, sore muscles and swelling as a reminder of what we've been through, but the end of the daily shots is the first step in returning to our 'normal' lives.

I stayed home from work today and focused as much energy as possible on making our embryo feel nice and welcomed in my belly. I was treated with a mid-day visit by a dear friend with lunch and support and I hope that our little embryo is feeling as loved and special as I did by her visit.

Although it often feels that the burden of this process has rested primarily on my shoulders and on my body, we couldn't have done it without the love and support a select group of dear friends and family members. Thank you everyone for the hugs, pep talks, special treats and love. We really couldn't have gotten through these past 44 days (or two years!) without all of you.
Our "sharps receptacle." Overflowing. Thank god we're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment