Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Period

The slight cramping that gave me hope on Saturday morning was foreshadowing of the news I was to receive that afternoon. I got the pregnancy test news at 1 pm and by 7 pm, my period had arrived. It was as if my body was holding out for the official word that this cycle was over.

I must admit that this month's friendly visitor comes with new meaning. It is a daily reminder of the embryo that no longer is and the baby that never was.

I bet there are hundreds, if not thousands, of young girls and women out there that breathed a sigh of great relief when their period arrived this month. It is amazing to think I was once on that side of the fence. It is hard to believe that there was a time in my life (noted 11+ years ago) when a positive pregnancy test was unwanted.

It is now the one thing in my life that mysteriously eludes me. It is the one thing in my life, I want the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment