Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 40: Worry Wart

Today was my first day back at work since the Egg Retrieval. Still in a fair amount of pain/discomfort, but I hear it is normal for this stage of the recovery. All day I couldn't help but think and worry about our 10 little embryos. I really hope they are doing well and progressing as they should. At one point I IM'd the Husband expressing my worries and he was quick to respond that they are in very good hands. Perhaps he is right, but I can't help but worry.

We'll know tomorrow morning how many embryos have survived the past few days and if we are set up for Day 3 (Tuesday) or a Day 5 (Thursday) transfer. Our goal would be a Day 5 (Blastocyst) transfer since we know by growing embryos to the blastocyst stage in the laboratory we can deliberately weed out the embryos that do not have the genetic potential for continued growth; therefore leaving us with better quality embryos for transfer.

But we realize it is out of our hands and we can only hope for the best. I'll post an update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment